0_Sport.PortalMoreSport ENSport.Slajder

Coronavirus: Vettel still not confirmed for Saudi Grand Prix

Sebastian Vettel could miss the second race of the Formula One season in Saudi Arabia this weekend as he is still not testing negative following a coronavirus infection, his Aston Martin team said Thursday.

Jeddah, 24 March 2022 (dpa/MIA) — Sebastian Vettel could miss the second race of the Formula One season in Saudi Arabia this weekend as he is still not testing negative following a coronavirus infection, his Aston Martin team said Thursday.

“Vettel has not yet returned the required negative COVID test to fly to the #SaudiArabiaGP,” the team tweeted.

“Nico Hülkenberg will be in Jeddah to deputise for Seb if necessary. We will delay our final decision until Friday to provide Seb every opportunity to race.”

Vettel missed the season-opening Bahrain Grand Prix last week and Hülkenberg took his place, finishing 17th.

Back to top button
Close